Charged up and ready to ride
The elBoda electric cargo bicycle adds a powerful and quiet power boost, making it easier than ever to carry the people and things you need to take where you’re going.
Fast, good and cheap
At just 3 cents to 5 cents per charge, the elBoda provides unparalleled value, range, and speed. Every charge will help propel you up to 37 miles per charge, depending on load, terrain, and your use of the electric assist, all with a top speed of 20 miles per hour.
A Bike for Business
Businesses need to reach customers quickly; the elBoda enables businesses to sidestep traffic and parking problems when serving customers. From restaurants delivering pizza and catering orders, to laundries dropping off dry cleaning, the elBoda offers businesses the ease of use of a bike with the speed and efficiency of a car.
Yuba’s elBoda Electric Cargo Cruiser elevates utility cycling to a new level of elegance and comfort. The integrated rear rack and love handles make it easy to pick up a friend, a flat of strawberries, or power tools. Green accents, such as cork grips, bamboo back decks and optional running boards insure that this bike will turn heads as you spin around town.
Apartment dwellers will appreciate that the features a hand hold for carrying the bike up stairs. Shorter cargo bike riders will appreciate that the bike is available in step-thru and step-over versions to make it easier to get on under load. Its stable handling and easy-shifting, eight speed urban derailleur system will get you there and back, even in hilly San Francisco.
Accessories make it easy to configure the bike to exactly match your lifestyle.
- Comfortable: The elBoda Electric Cargo Cruiser rides like a European townie bike – upright and casual.
- Low top tube: The low top tube makes it easy for people of all heights to get on the bike, even when loaded up.
- Geared up: The SRAM X-3 drivetrain flattens hills and makes peddling easy.
- Lightweight: Despite its hauling capacity, this bike weighs about the same as other city bikes.
- Urban: Designed for urban living, this bike is comfortable picking up groceries and passengers, and still gets you to work looking fresh.
- Spandex-free: The casual frame and resin pedals mean that you can wear whatever you want while riding this bike.
- Electric Elegance: The electric assist motor makes getting there in style a breeze. Simply set how much power you want and it quietly and efficiently helps you – it even has regenerative breaking coming down hills!
Size: Medium, fits riders 5’0″ (152cm) to 5’7″ (170cm); or Large, fits riders 5’7″ (170cm) to 6’2″ (187cm)
Colors: Apple Green or White
Includes: Bamboo rear rack, cork grips, ding-a-ling bell, side stand
Electric details TBA.
Expected to be available in late summer, 2012.
Step-over Boda Boda
The elBo features a powerful and strong Bionx motor.
- Range**: 90km (56 mi.)
- Battery: Li-Ion / 37V / 9.6 Ah / 355 Wh
- Torque (Nom./Max.): 9/40Nm (6.6/29.5 lb.-ft.)
- Weight (System): 10.2 kg (22.5 lb.)
- Assist Levels: 35, 75, 150, 300%